Specstar 630W CMH - Dual Bulb (2x315W) Ceramic Metal Halide Reflector Ballast PGZ18 Indoor Grow Light
- Double the output with 2x315W CMH bulbs under 1 fixture
- Dual bulb covering larger growing space
- Compatible with all existing 315W CMH bulbs
- 630W CMH output is equivalent to around 1400W+ HPS systems
- Combines reflector and ballast in 1 unit
- Compact, space saving yet covers a larger area, perfect for smaller grow tents
- Non-digital ballast, no EMI (electromagnetic interference) issues
- Highly reflective reflector made with quality aluminium
- Backed up by 2 year manufacturer warranty (Fixture)
- See below for CMH benefits
Bulbs not included
- Power - 630W
- Socket - 2x PGZ18
- Cord Length - 3m
Advantages of CMH Lamps
- CMH lamps last on average twice as long as MH or HPS lamps.
- Higher PAR value
- Despite initial cost of investing in CMH lamps, a CMH system will save your money in the long run.
- One 315W CMH is equivalent to 700W+ HPS system in terms of yield per watt.
- Due to ceramic element, lamp burns much hotter than MH lamps thus producing a light closer to that of natural sunlight.
- CMH lamps have better insulating value, they produce lower heat output, and less likelihood of causing leaf burning, and saves you on cooling cost.
- CMH lamps can produce light spectrum sufficient to support both the vegetative stage of plant growth as well as its flowering stage.
- CMH lamps also emit UV and infrared rays in their wide spectrum, which plants love. The higher amount of UV produces stronger, woodier stalks.
- What are CMH lights?
- CMH metal halide grow lights are the newest innovation in HID lighting.
- CMH lights are made with an arc tube constructed of a ceramic composite instead of quartz or PCA, this allows the tube to reach higher temperature.
- The higher operating temperature of the ceramic tube allows for an ideal mixture of gases, and this creates a fuller spectrum of light that increases the growth, overall heath and yield of your plants.
- Where can I found out more about CMH lights?
- Should I make the switch to CMH setup and what do I expect from switching?
- Absolutely, if you are a seasoned grower there is nothing better than having a setup that uses less energy and produces better yields.
- Having a CMH setup means you will be running more efficiently in terms of yield per watt. Your energy bill will come down dramatically and you will seeing the savings overtime.
- Despite the initial cost, the CMH is newer and also is the latest generation in HID lighting. LEDs cannot produce light spectrums anywhere near HPS/MH lights, and HPS/MH lamps are more expensive to run, thus making CMH an ideal investment.